Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on Week 1

1. There shouldn't be any problems with access for me. My mom does work from home though as an accountant, so she is practically always on the computer trying to get things done before their required deadlines. And the laptop magically stopped working over this summer, so there shouldn't be any problems, but if there is, I think I can handle them. I also have my iPhone, so I should be good with wifi connectivity and all that jazz. There is no problem with transportation, thank goodness. My schedule is a little hectic during the beginning of the year every year, though. With varsity tennis practices and matches, as well as private practices and individual tournaments. I'm usually very good at getting my work done on-time, unless there's a really big situation. No need to worry about me!

2. I know this isn't the best way to have an amazing realization, but I changed once when I got into trouble. I guess it is effective in some ways, learning from my mistakes. But anyways, a few years ago I got into trouble with my parents for pretty much just being a brat who was a tad too mean to my sisters and brother. My parents confiscated my cell phone, my Facebook was deactivated, I couldn't watch TV, and I wasn't allowed to go places or hang out with anyone. Life was basically a day where the sun rose and fell again- not much to it. Eventually, I started going to youth group again, read books because I had nothing better to do, and practiced tennis a lot more because that was the only way I could be social.
From this experience, I learned a lot from my tennis coach (who happened to also be my youth pastor) about how to be a more caring person. He also taught me more about how to improve my game at the same time, which was really helpful. It was the best season I've ever had, and I was learning to be a kinder person. Reading books became my favorite pastime, which worked out well for me in the long run, looking at how many books I've read in the past few years.
The gist of it is that, I stopped taking so many things for granted. I still wish I was a little more patient with my siblings, though.

3. I am the most excited about three things: Reading my choice of books, learning in new ways, and the teacher. I absolutely love to read, and I've never been a fan of reading books that I am forced to read. I've always made a point to read my own books, not favoring any that a teacher assigned us. Of course, I still read them, but I didn't enjoy doing it. I actually liked Pride and Prejudice though...
Anyways, I am excited to learn about writing. I like to write. Not essays, though. I like to write about the ideas I come up with. I think it can help me to be more open with myself, and with other people. It should also help me with my essay writing for the class, and the AP test.

No comments:

Post a Comment