Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Poetic Inquiry

So my big question that I posted about was about how it is impossible to make another color. And I have been asking myself the same kind of question for a really long time now, because no matter what, it is absolutely impossible to leave the color spectrum and create a brand new color never-before-seen by the eyes of humans.
So I searched for a sonnet about colors in general at first, and I ended up finding one that somewhat relates to what I was thinking about. The end of the sonnet is what really caught my attention. It isn't a sonnet by some famous poet, I don't think, but maybe I can make this person famous, somehow.

The Birth of Color from Grey
The world was made of grey
No colors at all
And all I can say
Is that the color shattered on a wall

Walls had been grey forever
The color had no meaning
And as I pull a lever
The color appears for my well-being

Colors spread like a disease
With red, yellow, and brown
Give me some more colors please
Or I will surely frown


All these colors are made from grey
So thanks to grey, we have colors today


Stephen Black 

The highlighted words are the ones that caught my attention. And as you can see, it is quite an elementary sonnet, and none of it moves me like other poems do, but it's what I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment