Thursday, September 26, 2013

Character Study (III)

Today is the day. As I head to the airport, I can't even fathom all the emotions going through my head. I am excited, but nervous, and today is the beginning of a long adventure that will end up feeling like it went by much too fast.
We are all at the airport, all five of us, and our body guards have been instructed to meet us here. Our parents were only going to let us go on this trip if we had watchful eyes, so we paid for three certified body guards to keep us safe as well as enjoy our last trip as seniors with us. Once I spot them, I am slightly taken aback by their stature: Two of the three were dark-skinned. One had a messy looking beard, hardly groomed, and walked with a confidence that only a rich man could achieve. The other looked somewhat lost as he strolled beside his companions. The last one was fair-skinned, and much smaller by comparison. He didn't even look like a body guard.
As they approached, I couldn't help but wonder what my friends were thinking of all of this. Weren't they scared of the one with the beard? Were they confused as to why the small one was even a body guard, or was it just me? We all shook hands, not really paying much attention to each other because we were late for our flight. I picked up my carry-on like everyone else, and darted onto the plane. Italy, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment